Hi. Sorry for the lack of posts but I am still suffering with a cold and cough.
Here are this week’s themes from Eden Hills’ Friday’s Hunt.
1. Starts with a U – upstairs.
Taken from the upstairs back bedroom window. It has been much colder here this week, and this was the first proper frost on the back garden with some lovely sun and autumn colours.
2. Week’s favourite
I cooked smoked salmon, prawn and vegetable risotto and took quite a lot of ‘work in progress’ photos. Very tasty.
Some little hidden bits of colour still in the garden. Berries on this tiny shrub and a primula flower.
I hope to resume more frequent blog posts this week. Enjoy your weekend.
This week’s themes are:
1. Starts with a T. I struggled with this one a bit, so it may be a little contrived. Today is Remembrance Sunday and so there are lots of messages on social media. I particularly liked this ‘Tweet’
This was accompanied by the words which were also used in today’s church service.
“They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them.”
2. Week’s favourite. Those of your you who have seen recent blog entries will know that we performed in a concert last night. It was a lovely evening, and I do think we look smart!
3. The rule of thirds. I must admit I had to look up what this meant. I think this photo almost follows the idea.
Please visit the Eden Hills blog and maybe join in next week?
I am posting here for Edenhills Friday Hunt and also to catch up with some of today.
1. Starts with an S
Apologies for repeating some of yesterday’s post but it has to be the Shih Tzu crochet dog which I started/attempted yesterday at the TOFT Alpaca workshop. Here is what is should look like when finished:
And here is my WIP after 2 hours:
It should be noted that the loops will be cut at the end to form the long dangly fur. Great fun!
2. Week’s favourite. The weather here has started to turn colder and very Autumnal, and we had a very light frost one morning with a glorious sunrise.
The garden is looking lovely and R has worked hard at tidying and cutting back.
3. Amazing. R and I sing in several choirs. R sings in our church choir, which is men and boys. Here they are looking amazingly smart in our lovely church.
Today is the 3rd Sunday before Advent. Here is the music list:
6 3 BEFORE ADVENT
10.00 a.m. Responsorial Psalm: 17
Caesar: Missa Brevis
Let thy merciful ears Mudd
349 625 313 114
6.30 p.m. Responses: Reading
Psalm: 40 (1-13) Lang
Dyson in F
Thou wilt keep him S.S.Wesley
And I had the first reading from The Book of Job 19. 23-27a. Probably my shortest reading ever.
Please follow edenhills.wordpress.com for mor Friday Hunt.